Propelled by plasma drive, the "Searcher" was a huge spacecraft assigned to search the galaxy to find the lost tribes of the human race who spread among the stars after World War III of the 20th century.
- Admiral Efram Asimov (Jay Garner), supposedly a descendent of the sci-fi writer Isaac Asimov
- Lt. Devlin (Paul Carr), the Admiral's assistant
- Colonel Wilma Deering (Erin Gray), a fighter pilot
- Captain William "Buck" Rogers (Gil Gerard), a 20th century Terran astronaut
- Hawk (Thom Christopher), a part human, part bird who sought survivors of his own race. He flew a hawk-shaped fighter craft.
- Dr. Goodfellow (Wilfrid-Hyde White), an elderly scientist who created an intelligent but rude robot named Crichton.
- Twiki (Felix Silla), the dwarf robot companion of Buck Rogers.
The ship's exterior hull displayed the words
PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
Housed in the belly of the Searcher starship were smaller, sleek fighter craft used for defense called Starfighters, together with a number of shuttlecraft.
Heading Image from TV Acres Website